Sunday, October 14, 2012

Today's Hair Regimen...

I started and stopped this post SO many times. But finally decided to come back to it. Basically out of necessity. I've been doing so much research and trying different things that I can't keep track of what I'm doing week to week. Hence, the title... ;)

This is how I started this post originally...
So I'm finding myself on a new journey. I, like many women, have decided to go back to my natural hair. I've had a relaxer for as long as I can possible remember. Well over 30+ years. I don't even remember what my natural hair looks like - which is scary! I had been toying with the idea for a while. Then when I found out I was pregnant with a girl - my mind was pretty much made up. I wish I could pin point my exact last relaxer. I do know that I was still early in my pregnancy. Since baby girl will be a year next month - I know definitely that it's been a little over a year since my last relaxer. Surprisingly at my last hair appoint (last month), she said my hair was healthy and growing. All good signs. I'm praying for strength for the journey. :) [I rambled... see why it took so long too post. lol... Baby girl is now 13 months old].

Back to the present. Today's hair regiment: I did my pre poo treatment with AVON Advance Technique's 360 Nourish Moroccan Argan Conditioner. Followed up by 2 free samples from Miss Jessie's. If you visit the website you get 2 free samples of choice. My choices were the Super Sudsy Shampoo and the Super Sweetback Treatment. Although, the samples are super small and with my hair thickness, I will probably have to use something else? Not sure yet (as I'm still in the pre poo phase).  Here is what I'm working with today...
We'll see how the end results turn out. My challenges have been detangling and dryness... Please pray for me. :)

I never posted photos of my journey, so here they are:

Choice to go natural aka transition - July 4, 2012. Funny, I chose Independence Day(I had an entire internal battle with all the old "black women & their hair" issues). This was also my last visit to the hair salon. Need to go back for a good trim though. My hair don't look this wonderfully straight any more. :)

    one of my munchkins with me. :) ==>


 <=== Current photo. 3 months post relaxer (or transition decision, which ever is more fitting).


I'm still holding strong. Trying to do this WITH 3 kids (2 of them under 4) adds a tiny bit more stress. It's only by the grace of God that I get through it all. Especially my hair wash days (like today)!

More to come with more pictures and progress!! Until then...  

No comments:

Post a Comment