Monday, March 22, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert review

Eat, Pray, Love Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert


My rating: 2 of 5 stars
I just finished Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. This was book choice #2 for my bookclub.
I feel like I'm going to be in the minority here, but I really did not enjoy this book. It was just okay for me. It could just be me, but I could not relate to her story. I felt like she came across as whiney and spoiled for majority of the book. Like she wanted me to feel sorry for her for the first half.
I do give her credit though, her writing was excellent. I loved a lot of her metaphors and descriptions throughout the book.
I'm looking forward to the movie this summer. I have a feeling that I'll enjoy the movie better than the actual book.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment