Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Slow & Steady - Weight Watchers Weigh In

Say that 3x's fast!! WEIGHT WATCHERS WEIGH IN!!! lol....

Well went to week #6 weigh in last night and am down 1.6lbs!!! Not so bad - Wish it could have been better, but I'll take it. I tend to fluctuate up & down each week - which the WW Leader said is okay. Some people do that on the program.

Two important things to me are that I'm sticking with it & that it's working for my sister. I joined to motivate her to loose weight & she is down 11.7lbs!! I try not to start the sibling rivalry right there in the meetings though! lol... I'm only down 4.4lbs & we joined at the same time!!! And she eats more than I do!!! LOL!!!

It's okay. I love my sister to death & if this is really working for her, then I am totally happy!! Hopefully come Jan 2009, I can drag her into the gym!!! Wish me luck!!!

So here was my reminder this morning that slow and steady does win the race!!!

Happy Tuesday!!!
*************************************************
Lurch, leap or pace??

”It doesn’t matter how slowly you go-so long as you do not stop.”-Confucius

Good morning! In a world in which time has become the master of many, Confucius’ quote offers an important and simple reminder to us. As we reach and stretch and make positive changes in our lives, we need to report to our own internal time clock. Too often, we compare our progress to others. Or we become a negative coach to ourselves, reprimanding ourselves for not doing more or accomplishing something sooner. This type of thinking usually leads to backward movement.

Remember, we are always moving. If we aren’t moving forward, then we are moving backward. But let us not make the mistake of thinking we have to leap forward every day. It is more important to be consistent in our steps, no matter how small, then to leap forward and stop. I have never seen someone “lurch” toward success successfully.

Your Turn: Remember the story of the tortoise and the hare? Focus on consistent, measurable steps versus a sprint. Besides, we would all look funny if we were lurching toward success!

Today’s Affirmation: I consistently take measurable action to accomplish my goals.

Brook Noel's Good Morning Message. For more click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment