Wednesday, July 30, 2008

10 Things I Hate About You

Or so that's the title I thought about after reading the latest blog post on Melissa Taylor's blog http://beautifulp31.blogspot.com/.

Her topic was "10 Things" and in it she challenged her readers to list 10 things that we like about ourselves and then to thank God for each of them. Well, here are my 10...

Tameka said...
10 things... Wow, I had to walk away and think about that one...

1. I like that I'm persistent in becoming the best person that I can be.

2. I like that I have a good sense of humor.

3. I like that I get along well with others.

4. I like that if given the opportunity, I can make the best out of bad situation.

5. I like that I love reading & it has rubbed off on my son.

6. I like that I love to learn new things (I'm a secret knowledge junkie).

7. I like that I'm continuing to grow in the Lord & leading by example for my family.

8. I like that I'm learning how to be comfortable with who I am as a woman.

9. I like that I am very close to my family & friends.

10. I like that I love health & fitness and taking better care of myself.

Wow. I felt like I was stretching for some & it was hard to come up with 10, but I did it! Yay me!! Be Blessed!!
And who can forget the poem from the movie??

10 Things I Hate About You
I hate the way you talk to me
And the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you drive my car.
I hate it when you stare.

I hate your big dumb combat boots
And the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick -
It even makes me rhyme.

I hate the way you're always right.
I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh -
Even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it that you're not around
And the fact that you didn't call.
But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you --
Not even close, not even a little bit, not any at all.

actually written by Karen McCullah Lutz and Kirsten Smith
So what are your 10 Things???

No comments:

Post a Comment