Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day Two

Principle 1 - Live Passionately


"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away." ~ Anonymous


Part One: The Big Dipper


**Make it Count Moment

Do you see your life more as a safe ride or a trip on the Big Dipper? What areas of your life are safer than others? For example, maybe you take huge risks to advance your career, but you overly protect your heart and risk little in relationships.

I've been on a safe ride for a while now. Never wanting to make the wrong decision or hurt other people. Always living to please someone else. I think it's time to take more risks!!


Part Two: Someday Syndrome


~~ "Instead of find this depressing or paralyzing, if you're willing to face and own this truth about life--that it will end as you know it here--then you can be truly free."

~~ "Let me humbly suggest that the only way you can slay the giants that stand between you and the life you were made to for is "ridiculous faith."

~~ Look at things from a God-level prespective


**Make it Count Moment

Are you doing anything in your life right now that requires faith? If not, why not? Are you looking at life from God's perspective or form a ground-level perspective?

I believe that I stepped out on faith when I got married. I mean, who doesn't? And for the first few months, I always looked at things from a ground-level prespective and wondered how we would make it through. Now I'm learning how to look at things from a God-level prespective. Still a work in progress...


**Make it Last For Life


1. If you were certain your life as you know it would end in a few weeks, what would be your biggest regret? Why?

My biggest regret would be not taking the plunge to stay at home with my son. I know I need the health insurance and the income, but I feel as if I miss so much from his life without being there in the day to day moments.



2. In what area of your life are you suffereing form the Someday Syndrome? Make a decision today never again to use the phrase "someday, when things settle down." Realize that today is your someday.

Wow... In what way don't I use it? Someday I'll loose these 20lbs. Someday I'll go on that vacation. Someday I'll organize my books. Someday I'll go back to school. I've been living in the Someday Syndrome for some time now!


3. Instead of a roller coaster, what symbol or metaphor would you choose to describe what your life would look like if you were fully engaged?

Fireworks - massive explosions!!!



**Try to come up with something as unique as you are. Find a picture of that symbol, place it in a spot where you will see it every day, and use it as a reminder to live with no regrets. Go to www.OneMonthToLive.com for suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment