Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Playing with goal ideas



August will be here in less than 1 day and I have yet to come up with my goals for the month. I've been toying with the idea of establishing a theme of "Finishing What I Started". I tend to be one of those people who begin a lot of projects with gusto, only to not complete them within the time frame that I set out for myself. Really doesn't look too great when it comes to my 105 goals in 105 days now does it?
So I'm still in prayer over my theme, but so far it's the only one that's been speaking to me over the past few days. Probably because (like I said) I have several projects/goals staring me right in the face that I started & never finished. Case in point - The "One Month to Live" book that began this blog in the first place. lol... HA! Maybe it is time to finish up a few things. At least this way at the end of August I can look back and actually see that I accomplished something.
A few ideas that were on my "to finish" list were:
One Month to Live - finish reading the book & following it
C25k (Couch to 5K) training - I think I started that in June & got through maybe the first week.
Unpack boxes in living room in full - I've been in my house since April. It's been 4 months now and I'm still in boxes & the clutter is really annoying.
Get Organized - Well this one goes with the unpacking one above.
Finish at least 1 room in the house (in full) - Again this goes with the first two. My husband and I have been gung-ho about finishing the house, but we start one room (never finish) and move on to the next! lol...
Pick vegetables from garden - Okay, so this is a new one, but hubby and I did realize over the weekend that we need to pull the new vegetables in our garden - like now! lol...

I'm sure I can go on and on, but I have yet another day to go through my lengthy "finish goals" list and decide exactly which ones I want to tackle and then make a detail action plan of how I will accomplish each one. I'm ready!!! Bring it on!!! LOL!

***On a side note, hubby and I made a pact for the month of August as well. We said that we're not going to eat out for the entire month, just to see how much money we can save. Wish us luck!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment