Sunday, July 6, 2008

Day Four - 30 Day Challenge

Happy 4th!!! Or so it was this past weekend!! So I'm on Day Six of reading, but only on Day 4 of answering questions!! But I'll be catching up soon!!!


"You formed us for yourself, and our hearts are restless til they find rest in you."
~~Saint Augustine
Day Four

**Power Surge: Connecting with the Ultimate Source**

-- "People who know their lives will soon be over tend to feel a desperate urge to change. But a desperation to change is not enough. In order to sustain the changes, we have to be connected to a power source beyond ourselves--a power source that never wavers, flickers, or leaves us in the dark."

--"If you have come to the end of yourself and are exhausted from trying to control your life, Jesus offers you the invitation of a lifetime: Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me - watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace"(Matt. 11.28-29 MSG)"

Make it Count Moment:

In what area of your life are you struggling the most to change? Is it getting physically fit or losing weight? Is it breaking a bad habit? Is it a relationship issue? Are you trying to change with willpower or God's power? What words or phrases in Matthew 11:28-29 intrigue you? Why?

I've been trying to change in all of the above areas. And I know I've been struggling because I have a bad habit of using my own will power and not relying on God's power. But this is a brand new week in July and the second half of 2008. Anything is bound to happen. I just need to hand it over to the Lord.

**Spiritual Health: Fruitful Living, Perennial Pruning & Constant Connection**

Make it Count Moment:

What are some ways you've seen God prune areas of your life? How have you handled the pruning? (Be honest 0 we all whine at times!) What has been the result of His cuts into your life? Where are you still waiting to see results?

Pruning?? After a semi-good night's sleep and some wondering while working - I've come to figure out that the Lord has been pruning me most within my marriage. We are going on 9 months this month & it has NOT been an easy adjustment for me. There were days where I'd whine and cry, wondering WHY was this not the blissful honeymoon experience that I read about in the romance novels. The results, so far, have been my growing in patience and understanding - bit by bit... I still have a long way to go - I think he and I both do. But as the days go by, I do see a continued growth in the both of us as we strive to learn one another.

Make it Last For Life:
1. What are the current barriers to spiritual health in your life? In other words, what keeps you from connecting to God as your primary source of spiritual life?

Currently, my spiritual barrier is lack of sleep. I keep telling myself over and over again to get to bed at a decent hour so that I can get up for my morning quiet time. Something I've missed in the past few weeks. When summer hit - the late nights and lack of sleep began.

2. Write a letter or prayer to God, being as honest as you can about your present disappointments and frustrations. Consider how these problems or issues might be preparing you for a more fruitful season.

Wow... If I go back to my other prayer journals, I've share countless prayers to go - crying out to Him about everything under the sun!!! lol... I think that although I still may be in the pruning season that I've cried about so many disappointments and frustrations that all I want to do now is to concentrate on the blessings.

3. How are you doing in the areas of communication and confession? How would you practice them differently if you knew you only had one month to live?

Communication? I think baby step by baby step I'm doing better. At least where my relationship with my husband is concerned. For example, the other day I was so upset with him and for the first time within our marriage, I allowed myself to voice how upset I was. Usually I just hold it in and let it fester - or go complaining to friends. But I figured, how would he know what the problem was unless I expressed myself, no matter what I sounded like. A first step of many, I hope.
Confession? I can admit - I admit when I'm wrong only about half of the time. If that! lol.. So confession will be an area to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment