Tuesday, July 8, 2008

How Are You Living Life??

Day Eight

Living Life Full Throttle

"It is never too late to be what you might have been"
~George Eliot
**Stop struggling, rely on His strength and discover the real power to live the rest of your life to the fullest...
** "I pray that you will begin to understand how incredibly great His power is to help those who believe in Him. It is that same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead" (Ephesians 1:19-20, TLB).
**You have the power to begin again! "It's not just the power for a fresh start; it's also the power to get back on the track and go faster than ever before."
**Learn from your losses! "The key to not only knowing this lesson but owning and activating it is to humbly admit our failures."

Make It Last for Life:

1. Make a list of all the things you can think of that prevent you from fully trusting God with your life: past disappointments and hurts, losses, doubts, and so on. After you finish, ask yourself what it would take for you to trust that somehow God can use each of them to fulfill His purpose in who He made you to be? Spend a minute in prayer for each item, and ask for help in releasing it.

Fear of failure. If I could just hand over to the Lord my fear of failure, I believe that I would venture out to do many things. But I always second guess myself, even with the little things. Nothing is ever good enough.

2. What's your greatest fear about trusting God completely with your life? What's the basis for this fear. Journal about how you would face this fear if you only had one month to live.

I have problems relinquishing control. I'm a control freak for lack of better words. I don't think that there is any one specific thing. I know enough to know better. But it's still difficult to let go of the control of my life. I know enough to know that I'm supposed to surrender everything to the Lord - finances, family, career - everything. How would I face this if I had one month to live. I guess with one month to live, I would figure what's the point of trying to control everything, especially since I won't be here in a month. I may have an easier time letting go of my control issues & just enjoying the moment more. I can't seem to do that now because I'm always focusing on the future. Again, worrying about something that I really don't have any full control over - if any at all.

3. When we've failed and are trying to get back on track, it's often helpful to talk it out with a person we trust. Call someone today and make a plan to get together over coffee to share where you are on your faith track.

Well the people that I trust are following this journal/journey. I pray that the leave some much needed advice and share their opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment