Sunday, July 13, 2008

3 Days in One

That's usually how it goes doesn't it? Weekend hits and you try to get as much done in 2 short days. Well in my case... Here are 3 Days of the 30 Day Challenge in one...

DAY ELEVEN

Everest: Scaling the Obstacles to Unity
"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that he didn't trust me so much."
~Mother Teresa

Make It Last for Life
1. Diagnose and write down what you think each important relationship in your life needs in order to be healthier. It may be as simple as spending more time together, discussing a glaring but as yet unspoken issue, or spending someone a note or email to say you're thinking of them.

2. How do you communicate your commitment to those you love? Do you tend to tell more than you show or show more than you tell. Determine which style you favor, and practice the other today with those you love most.

3. Spend time in prayer today for each person you consider essential to your life. Ask God to reveal how you can improve your relationships with these vitally important people.

DAY TWELVE

BOXING RING: Resolving Conflicts by Fighting Fair
"They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel."
~Carl W. Buechner

1. Describe in writing the last major conflict you faced with a loved one. Imagine that you're a spectator, even a commentator, and analyze the fight. Was it a fair fight? Were ground rules maintained? How would you describe the fighting styles of the contenders? Who won the match? Was it clean win?







So although I love this 30 Day challenge, I find that it's not exactly what I had in mind for this blog... Yes, I wanted to be able to journal my day to day life and that definitely includes my daily bible reading & bible study. But the more detail these questions get, I find the less authentic I get - well in this blog anyway. SO... So... So... SO... SO... What does that mean for me? First off it means that I won't be so much into copying and answering questions all day. Personally, I am getting kind of bored with it & if anyone else who reads this will probably get bored as well. lol...

I think I'll just blog what comes to mind. Hopefully some days things will be good & I know there will be some days where things will not be so good! But all in all... I'll be writing, which is why I started this in the first place. And I know I'll find that I grow more authentic with each post.

No comments:

Post a Comment