Sunday, August 3, 2008

Made My Day...



I feel guilty for admitting this, but today is the first Sunday that I've returned to church in over a month and a half. I suppose it would be an understatement to say that we took a vacation this summer, but it does bring sadness to my heart knowing that I haven't been in the Lord's house in such a long time. Needless to say returning to church today felt like coming home. The Holy Spirit moved in such a way that It saturated the entire building. The comfort and peace that I felt can not be translated into words, but everyone knew that the presence of the Lord was in His place.


But the good feelings didn't stop there. Hubby and I decided to visit with his parents for a while before venturing out grocery shopping after church. Good conversation was had by all. As soon as we got to the store, I received a call from my dear Mother in law. She called to tell me how great I looked today and that whatever I was doing - to keep on doing it. She even said that I was inspiration to her. Again, some feelings can't be explained in words, but the joy those words brought to my heart were overwhelming. See, I'm still the one to look in the mirror and only see everything that still needs to be done - I can stand to loose 10-15 more pounds, my hair needs a good cut, or my eyebrows need to get done - you get the idea. So I thank my Mother in law from the bottom of my heart and some how, I need to find a way to see what she saw in me, in myself.


A work in progress is what I always say about myself. But from my Mother in law's word to what would have been today's sermon before the Holy Spirit intervened - "Rethink, Link and Move Forward". It's high time, I rethink my thoughts towards myself, Link to the Lord and Move Forward, leaving behind those bags that the Lord never intended for me to carry.


Rethink, Link and Move Forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment