Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday's Tasty Tid-Bits

The 10% Solution
- excerpt from The 10% Solution: You May Not Need to Lose as Much as You Thought, by Mike Kramer
To bring expectations more in line with reality, many health professionals are beginning to suggest setting a 10% weight loss goal instead. Losing just 10% of your current weight can boost your energy and performance, lower your risk of heart disease and diabetes, lower your cholesterol, and build some much-needed momentum. On top of that, 10% may be a better goal than 15%, 25% or even 38% for many reasons:
**10% is Under Your Control
**10% is Realistic
**10% is More Effective

For more information see:
www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=454
http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/ideal-weight-or-happy-weight

This was something for me to chew on when I first read about it. It actually made more sense. There I was killing myself trying to drop 20 to 25 pounds, when all I needed to loose (at first) was 15lbs. I mean, 15 is still a hefty number, but still a lot easier to stomach. Talk about taking a load off my back!!
So now here I am still trucking along with about 5 more pounds to go! WOOHOO!! I'm hoping to release those last 5 by Labor Day. Then I'll revisit my 10% rule again to see where I have to go or really if I have to go any where at all!!!

K.I.S.S
(keep it simple silly)

No comments:

Post a Comment